Auto bill of sale forms
Auto Bill of Sale Forms
It is important to complete an auto bill of sale form when selling or buying a used car. For the seller, an auto bill of sale form provides proof that title to the used car has been legally transferred. For the buyer, the auto bill of sale form documents the purchase of the used car. The auto bill of sale form should contain:
1. name and address of the buyer;
2. name, address and signature of the seller;
3. complete vehicle description, including the Vehicle Identification Number(VIN);
4. description of trade-in, if any;
5. purchase price of the vehicle.
Auto bill of sale forms are required in many states to register the newly purchased used car. These states usually require a state specific auto bill of sale form that documents specific information such as the purchase price for tax assessment or to obtain the actual mileage/odometer reading of the used car. A generic auto bill of sale form will not be accepted in these states. You will need to obtain a state specific auto bill of sale form.
Recommended For You